Russell (Russ) Stong helps individuals protect their homes, cars, and other assets. Russ is a highly respected advocate in court and enjoys using his quick oral advocacy skills in front of the Judges. Russ is passionate about his client’s rights but commands the respect from his advisories due to his outgoing personality and pleasant disposition.
Prior to working for Simon Resnik, Russ represented financial institutions in fraud actions as a creditor’s attorney. This experience gives him insight into handling individual debtor cases as he understands the mentality and approach of the creditor attorney. Additionally, Russ developed a strong working relationship with other creditor attorneys, which helps ameliorate complex issues and provide alternatives for his clients. This experience also allowed Russ to argue matters in front of all the Central District Bankruptcy Judges, which enables him to know the patterns and practice of each Bankruptcy Judge.
Prior to becoming an attorney Russ practiced commercial real estate leasing/sales/marketing services including search analysis and lease negotiation. Representing both Landlord and Tenant interests from site location to final occupancy.
- University of Southern California B.S. Business 1983
- University of California Los Angeles Real Estate program 1986 to 1987
- University of West Los Angeles School of Law 1994
- Real Estate Brokers License 3/19/1988 to present
- Real Estate License 1985 -1988
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Member of the Central District Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys Association (“CDCBAA”)
- Associate Attorney, Resnik Hayes Moradi LLP 2018-present
- Associate Attorney, Resnik Hayes Moradi LLP 2014-2018
- Associate Attorney, Simon Resnik, LLP 2007- 2014
- Associate Attorney, Weinstein Trieger & Riley, LLP 2004-2007
- Associate Attorney, Cherin & Yelsky, LLP 1998- 2004
- Sole Practioner Attorney, Law Office of Russell J. Stong, III 1996-1998
- Associate Attorney/Law Clerk, Law Office of Gregory Chudacoff 1992-1996
- Real Estate Broker (Commercial Real Estate) 1988-1992
- Real Estate Licensee (Commercial Real estate) 1985 – 1988