Los Angeles Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorneys
Using Experience & Knowledge to Put Clients on the Right Path
Despite what you may have heard, the bankruptcy process is still available for those people who need to find their way out of debt. If you are a wage earner with a regular income, you can eliminate some debts and reduce others by filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. You can pay back taxes, back child support and alimony, and a small amount on your remaining debt each month, without penalties or interest. After a few short years, you can emerge from the process with confidence and the expectation of better times ahead.
At Resnik Hayes Moradi LLP, our bankruptcy attorneys have helped thousands of people get out from under the burden of debt – and we can help you. We understand that these difficult times have people all over the greater Los Angeles area struggling with serious financial issues, such as foreclosures, mounting debts, and repossessions. If you are currently facing these financial hurdles, you should reach out to our legal team to discuss your situation so we can determine if filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy is the right option for you.
Chapter 13 Protects Your Home, Car & Personal Property
A lawyer at our firm can discuss your options and whether a Chapter 13 bankruptcy is right for you. For some people, we recommend a Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing. Whatever option you choose, we can take action that very day.
Chapter 13 provides many benefits:
- As soon as we file for you, we can stop foreclosure actions, repossession actions, garnishment, and creditor harassment.
- Under Chapter 13, you can keep your home, your car, and personal property. We may even be able to remove a second or third mortgage entirely.
- Your unsecured debts are reduced or eliminated.
- You will have a manageable monthly payment to repay a portion of your debts from your disposable income.
A new financial future may be possible for you whether you file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13.
Chapter 13 Repayment Plans
As part of your Chapter 13 filing, you must create a monthly payment plan that details how you intend to repay your creditors.
Your Chapter 13 payment plans are created by factoring in:
- How many debts you have, including priority debts, unsecured debts, and secured debts. If you are keeping your house and car, you must catch up with past payments and keep up with current payments.
- How much income you have. You must calculate your disposable income, which is your total income minus your necessary expenses to help determine how much you can afford to pay out monthly.
- The length of your repayment plan. Most payment plans last from 3 to 5 years. If your average monthly income is less than your state's median, your plan will be 3 years. If your income is greater, it can be 5 years.
Work with an experienced bankruptcy attorney to help you structure a monthly payment plan that is manageable.
Is Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Right for Me?
Chapter 13 bankruptcy might suit your situation if you have a regular income and it can help you catch up on past-due payments and deal with outstanding debts in an affordable, manageable way to get your life back on track.
If you owe more than you can afford to pay, or if you are having difficulty paying medical, credit card, or other bills, then contact our Los Angeles Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyers to get advice from a seasoned legal professional.
We Guide You Through the Process
Our job is to guide our clients to a new and better life after bankruptcy. We take care of everything – from filing papers in court, to negotiating with creditors to reduce your debt, to developing a repayment plan and getting it approved by the Court.
At the time we file Chapter 13 bankruptcy for you, you will owe only the court filing fee. Resnik Hayes Moradi LLP offers reasonable upfront fees and payment plans to help you preserve your money.
Call now – debt relief and financial freedom are just a phone call away.
Call (213) 344-0043 to request a 30-minute risk-free consultation. With our trusted legal team on your side, you can get the help you need to resolve your financial issues and get a fresh start in life.
Without the support of pro bono attorneys we couldn't do all the work we need to do, and your firm in particular is outstanding.- Skip K.
Was very impressed with the comprehensive professionalism of the firm...- G.L
He not only saved my house but also got rid of all my debt. They are not your typical attorneys and their creativity really allowed me to do things that other attorneys never mentioned in previous consults.- David K.
He negotiated on my behalf with a credit card company and was able to settle with them for much lower than I could have on my own.- Kelly S.
I cannot thank them enough for helping save my home. I would recommend them for anyone that is thinking about filing for bankruptcy or foreclosure on their home.- Joseph R.